5.29.2011

Summer Bag

Summer is here!!! And what a better way to the start the summer off than makeing a fun, colorful, and unique summer bag. The best thing about this is I didn't have to spend a bunch of $$$$$ on one. While I  was blog stalking, browsing through one of my favorite blogs Women Who Do It All I found THIS tutorial on how to make a fun summer bag.
My bag is a little bigger than the one shown in the tutorial and has a couple more rows to the patchwork, but that's me. I wanted to make the bag a little bigger for all my mommy stuff. :) I even added a pocket to the inside of the bag. I just love this bag.

There's my pocket. It's orange with flowers.

Isn't it cute?


I don't mean to be cocky or prideful at all, but I do have to say I am very proud of myself. It took a night in a half to complete, lots of patience, and asking Ryan for his opinion. I always feel very accomplished after I complete a project. It keeps me going and keeps me wanting to do more projects.

I have had a few people ask me when I have time to do all my projects. Well... I wait until Zoie is down for the night and work until I am tired. The other night when I was working on the bag, I put Zoie down at 5:30pm and went to work and apparently lost track of time because Ryan came in and said "do you realize it's one in the morning." I had no idea. So yeah... I wait until Zoie is in bed, so I don't have any distractions. (oh and Zoie didn't take her third nap and was really tired and fell asleep all by herself)

Anyway, that's that. Try the tutorial out and make yourself a nice fun, colorful, unique summer bag. 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute projects!! I used the tutorial from make it love it when Georgia was a baby to make a diaper/wipe holder for us, and it makes it sooo much easier to find diapers. I've found they make really great gifts too. And I love the bag!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...