5.21.2012

Baby Girl # 2 Scare

Our family had quite the scare last week. I have had braxton-hicks contractions since the beginning of my third trimester in April. They don't bother me too much, just uncomfortable at times. Some days are better than others.

Last Sunday (may 13), I had them throughout the entire day, very irregular. So I thought nothing of it. Monday (may 14), I had them all morning long about 10-15 minutes apart, still didn't think much of it then, but as the day continued on, the contractions got stronger and shorter. I told Ryan, and we talked and decided that we would just wait until the morning to go in and see the doctor, so we didn't have to go to the hospital and deal with all that jazz. Oh man, Monday night was just horrible, I couldn't sleep, the contractions were so bad and close together. I couldn't get comfortable and it was just plain annoying. Tuesday (may 15) we called the Doctor and went in to see her. I explained everything that was going on and how I felt and such. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor, to time and read the contractions and such. Then they did a preterm early labor test. I had to wait for the test results to come back. If it was positive, they would write me a prescription for Nifedipine, and if it was negative then we didn't have to worry about the possible chance of delivering this baby.

Well.... my test results came back positive, for being in preterm early labor. So I had to go get this prescription filled and this is suppose to slow the contractions down and not make them so strong. It works every now and then. I take one every six hours. Apparently my body adjusts to medicine when I take it, so this drug works one set of six hours and the next, not so much.

Went back in Thursday (may 17), told the doctor how I've been feeling. Wednesday night was horrible, couldn't sleep at all, the contractions were uncomfortable. My doctor decided she would do an ultrasound to check my cervix. Doctor Jensen, said I am really thin and am dilated to about a 3 already. She wants me to continue to take the drugs, so we can keep this baby girl inside until 35 weeks, so her lungs can mature and hopefully she'll gain some weight. She only weighs 3 lbs right now and is very small. We go back in the this Friday, to see how things are going and whether or not we will have this baby in a week or if I will carry her full-term.

We aren't terribly worried, because our doctor doesn't seem to be very worried. Which is great, cause I don't know if I could handle it, if she was worried. I've been ordered not to teach my fitness classes for the next coupe weeks. I need to relax and take it easy. Which is hard for me, cause there is still so much to do and get done before she arrives and I have Zoie who apparently all of a sudden demands my attention and wants to be cuddled and have someone to play with. Ryan has been a great help and support through all of this and I couldn't of asked for a better husband.

There you have it our family scare with Baby Girl # 2. Oh, because of this scare, I got my haircut earlier than I wanted to, but if she decided to come, I wanted my hair short. It is shorter than I expected, but I like it and haven't freaked out about not having long hair. This is the shortest I have ever had it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Hillary! I hope baby girl will decide to stay in longer for you! I'm glad you guys aren't worried though and that your doc isn't either (we had doc Jensen too, do you like her?...she got to be my delivery doc as well and was SO great!) if you need ANYTHING at all please call or text me. I'm home pretty much 24/7 lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're able to keep her in longer. That would definitely scare me but I'm glad your Dr. doesn't seem to worried. That would really help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything turns out well! I LOVE-LOVE the hair! I think I'll go get mine cut.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me give you a little of my own insight... DO NOT LIFT A FINGER MORE THAN YOU HAVE TO BECAUSE THE NICU IS A HORRIBLE PLACE!!! Having said that!! 34-35 weeks is scary but your baby is developed just needs to get bigger!! Hang in there and if you can keep her in until 36 weeks, she'll be fine!! Ella was born at 36 weeks and is healthy as a horse!! GOod luck girl!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your haircut, it is so cute! I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure she'll be nice and healthy when she comes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...