5.05.2011

Finished Bathroom

So I have been working on spicing up our bathroom. We are renting so I am not able to paint the walls or do certain things. I improvised and did my best to make our bathroom a clean, calming room. I know... how can a bathroom be calming, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but there is defintely a calming feeling in there :)

I took our shelf apart and spray painted the boards an ocean blue color and then I painted the rods that hold the shelf together white. I didn't want them to be too white, because I wanted a wishy-washy feel to it. Then I cut out different sized circles from yellow cardstock and mod-podge them all over the shelf. It turned out better than I though it would. What do you think?

Then to add more color, I mod-podge some more yellow and blue cardstock onto a jar the holds our toothbrushes and toothpaste. It didn't turn out as I would of liked but it serves its purpose. It doesn't look too bad, yes?

There wasn't enough room on the shelf for Zoie's bathroom jazz. So I took a little basket and put it on top of the toliet and put her jazz in there and it worked perfectly. I absolutely love it!!!

Our bathroom is nothing fancy or anything special, but it sure does bring a new feeling into our home. Plus, I was able to experiment with some craft ideas and improve my skills. It was fun!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...