6.24.2012

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

Mosiah 4:27: "Not requisite that a (wo)man should run faster than (s)he has strength"

Elder Neal A. Maxwell pointed out that we have limited time and energy, so we must focus on that which is most important:

"When we run faster than we are able, we get both inefficient and tired. . . .

"I have on my office wall a wise and useful reminder by Anne Morrow Lindbergh concerning one of the realities of life. She wrote, 'My life cannot implement in action the demands of all the people to whom my heart responds.' That's good counsel for us all, not as an excuse to forego duty, but as a sage point about pace and the need for quality in relationships."
(Deposition of a Disciple [1976], 58).
Quote from the Book of Mormon Institute Manual-Pg. 144.

We live in a world that constantly tries to "occupy" our time. Sometimes we use our time efficiently and other times we waste it. Satan loves when this happens. I have found myself in my life lately spending more time watching TV shows with my family, than actually taking the time to go out and do some activity or talking and getting to know each other better.

I think this is a good reminder to us all that we need prioritize our time in our life and make sure we are using it well -- to do good and become better servants of the Lord. I believe that when we do so we learn how to stay strong in the storms of life.

As President Uchtdorf states, T-I-M-E is spelled L-O-V-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...