5.28.2012

Berry Picking

Ryan's parents are in town this weekend and I thought it would be fun to plan and do something together this Memorial Day. So we got up kind of early and drove an hour to Afton, Virginia to go to the Critzer Family Farm and go strawberry picking. It was a blast and it was so hot!!! But the heat didn't stop Zoie or us from having a grand 'ole time.

When she was helping me, I handed her the strawberries and she'd put them in the box and say "tank you." Then she would walk down the path, stick her hands in the leaves and say "I see." It was so cute. When she was with Grandma Congdon, they'd eat the strawberries. We all had so much fun and got quite a bit of strawberries.

Ryan and I with Zoie before we left

Berry Picking. We got really sweaty if you can't tell :)

All of our Strawberries.

My plans for the strawberries are to make strawberry and strawberry rhubarb jam, homemade natural fruit roll-ups, to freeze some for future use, and of course to eat a bunch. I have been obsessed with strawberries lately and am in heaven right now. OH......I'm so excited.

Zoie had so much fun picking and was so excited to be outside. I think Ryan and I will have to make a tradition of going out there to pick strawberries each year. This was a great family activity and I hope that Zoie will love and always cherish this times.

I can't wait for July, so we can go back and pick peaches!!! I am really enjoying this opportunity that I have to go and pick these fruits. It's great family time, and I am learning so much on canning, and jam making, etc. Not only do I learn, but Zoie will learn and hopefully she'll look back and remember these times and want to come back and do them again. Today was a great day and I loved that I was able to enjoy with my family.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...