5.27.2012

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

Every Sunday morning we turn a show on for Zoie. We let her watch Joseph: King of Dreams. She loves that show and literally sits through the whole show. I end up watching it with her, every now and then. Each time I sit and watch the show with her I learn something new. Today I learned something so valuable and simple, that it was perfect for today's post.

A quick brief summary of the story of Joseph. Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery, because they were jealous and envious of how their father was treating him. He was sold into Egypt and became a slave for Potiphar. Then he was wrongly accused of sleeping with Potiphar's wife and sent to prison for several years. During his stay in prison he learned something of great worth to him and is now, I feel of great worth to me.

These weekly posts are designed to strengthen our testimony in the Savior, Jesus Christ, which in turn helps us overcome any obstacle in our life path. Imagine how Joseph felt being wrongly accused and thrown into prison for several years. That would upset me, and make me want to have revenge of some sort or just to give up on my life. Wouldn't you? It's a hard trail to bear and move forward from.

The valuable lesson is this,

"I don't know the reason why I'm going through this,
maybe not knowing why, is the test for me.
 A test of faith and strength. I must learn to trust in God.
HE knows better than I. He knows better than I."

"I am a player in a much more greater plan so I got to give a little more than I take."


This is a saying we need to always keep in mind, when we are placed in a difficult situation or challenge. We may not know the reason why we are going through that specific trial at that specific time. It may frustrate us and make us want to give up, but always remember "HE KNOWS BETTER THAN I."  He knows when we need strengthening, encouragement, and help in our life. He has bigger plan and purpose for us, individually, and once we come to understand that, we can accomplish any obstacle in our life path and continue to stay strong in the storms of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...