5.21.2012

Homemade Cheese-its

Zoie loves crackers. I found this recipe at Heavenly Homemakers and it looked pretty simple and easy. So I had to give it a try. They taste amazing, plus we have all the ingredients on hand all the time, it'll save us so much money on crackers. Although I couldn't get mine into squares, but I'm sure with more practice I'll have this recipe perfected. Enjoy and tell me what you think when you try it.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shredded cheese, room temperature
1 cup wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cold water

Directions:

1. Beat butter and salt until creamy. Add cheese mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, and water until dough forms a ball. Help form ball with hands if need too.

2. Roll dough 1/8 in thick (between parchment paper) on a cookie sheet.
*I just spread mine out on a greased cookie sheet with a spatula.

3. Cut in 1 1/2 in squares. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until brown. Turn oven off and let sit to get crispy.

4. Store in a tightly covered container.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...