5.07.2012

Inspirational Word Art

My sister Blythe's birthday was Sunday. She turned 22. Happy Birthday Blythe.



I wanted to get her a gift she would obviously like, but something that she wasn't expecting. So I decided to make her some word art. When I was a junior in  college (oh man sounding like my dad :)) I struggled a lot and had a rough year. Everything was difficult and nothing seemed to work out the way I wanted it too. A Missionary Couple that I was friends with told me a good saying in Hebrew that has stuck with me ever since. The saying is "Hupo Meone". It means to hang tough. Whenever things got hard for me or seemed like things weren't ever going to get better, I thought of this saying and life was easier and great.

All I did was get a frame from Walmart. Got some scrapbook paper and cut it to the size of the matte board. Then I took a strip of scrapbook paper, got it slightly wet and crumbled it up into a ball. Next I uncrumbled it and started to shape it into a flower. Once my flower was shaped I hot glued it all together and to the matte, then hot glued a purple button into the middle. To add little more embellishments to it I hot glued some more purple bottoms across the bottom. I absolutely love it.

I hope Blythe loves this gift and it brings some good, happy, inspiration to her life. I love you Blythe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...