5.09.2012

Up-Cycled Dresser: Priming Dresser

Today I primed the dresser. I did some research on priming and found that the Kilz primer is the one of the best primers to use when working with pieces of furniture. I've used it a couple of times and so far it seems to be working pretty great.

I was only able to get the dresser done today as I am hurrying to finish my mom's Mother's Day gift. Stay tuned for that post. Here are the priming pictures. Enjoy. I sure am :)




Here is the list of things that I need to do to make this dresser beautified!!! Look the list is slowly getting smaller :)
  • wipe down
  • clean out
  • putty the indention's and handle holes
  • prime the dresser
  • prime the drawers
  • get new knobs for the drawers
  • reattach 3 drawers
  • drill new holes for knobs
  • fix incomplete drawer
  • get wood to fill the bottoms of the drawers
  • fix back of dresser
  • sand it down
  • secure the foots of the dresser
  • paint dresser & drawers
  • find a cute, girly stencil
  • blow up the stencil
  • find a projector
  • trace stencil onto dresser
  • paint stencil
  • spray with poly to seal the paint
  • place in girls room


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...