5.08.2012

Up-Cycled Dresser: Sanding & Drawers FINISHED!!!

The moment you and I have been waiting for....... I am officially FINISHED SANDING the dresser. I am so excited. It's been a long time comin', I know, but thanks for all the encouragement and support. I wouldn't of been able to finish without it.

In the end I did find an electric sander to finish the sides. I'm so grateful to the friend who let me borrow it. She saved my life, literally. Enough said about that here is what I finished today -- sides and front of dresser!!! Tonight I prime...

         

 








Not only did I get the sanding completed, I reattached all the drawers, but one (missing a piece-going to improvise with it). After all the drawers were reattached, I asked my lovely, amazing husband to drill the holes in the drawers for the new knobs. So stoked. Here are the pictures, you can see the tiny holes in between the white holes. Today has been a very good successful day!!



This is the drawer I am improvising on to make a complete drawer.

Here is the list of things that I need to do to make this dresser beautified!!! Look the list is slowly getting smaller :)
  • wipe down
  • clean out
  • putty the indention's and handle holes
  • prime the wood (dresser itself and drawers)
  • get new knobs for the drawers
  • reattach 3 drawers
  • drill new holes for knobs
  • fix incomplete drawer
  • get wood to fill the bottoms of the drawers
  • fix back of dresser
  • sand it down
  • secure the foots of the dresser
  • paint dresser & drawers
  • find a cute, girly stencil
  • blow up the stencil
  • find a projector
  • trace stencil onto dresser
  • paint stencil
  • spray with poly to seal the paint
  • place in girls room




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I have been redoing our cabinets, I feel like my complaining about a small kitchen is creeping up on me because there are so many cabinets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...