4.30.2012

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

I thought a lot about this post and what it should be about. Which is why it is a day late. It wasn't until late last night during my scripture study in Alma 50, that I knew what this post needed to be about. I learned a little about what it takes for me to have or better yet, allow the Lord and his power to help me through my challenges and trials. So please bare with me as I try to put my thoughts into words for you to understand.

"Thus Moroni, with his armies, which did increase daily because of the assurance of protection which his works did bring forth unto them, did seek to cut off the strength and the power of the Lamanites from off the lands of their possessions, that they should have no power upon the lands of their possession." (Alma 50:12)

This verse taught me that when I am following the Lord's will and keeping his commandments I feel His assurance, peace, and protection over me. Isn't that a great thought to know. As long as I am doing my best and my heart has the right intentions, I know the Lord is going to be with me and do all that he can for me.

Not only is that great, check this out:

"And those who were faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord were delivered at all times..." (Alma 50:22)

Plain and simple as that! It is very important to be faithful. It is through my faithfulness that the Lord will be able to help me accomplish and overcome ALL my challenges and trials that Satan places on my path. No wonder FAITH is the first principle of the gospel. Everything revolves, acts, and depends upon our faith in the Lord. It is our faith in Jesus Christ that Satan tries to destroy.

I know it can be hard sometimes to have that unwavering faith in the Lord when something bad or difficult is happening in your life, but as you continue to do your best to strengthen that faith and stay STRONG you will be delivered from your STORMS at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...