4.25.2012

Gauzey Swaddle Blankets

This summer is going to be one eventful summer for both sides of my family. My sister is expecting her first child, a boy in June and I am expecting nine days later with our second little girl. Not only on my side but also my sister-in-law is expecting their fourth sweet girl in August. A lot of new little ones will be joining our families this year. It's so exciting.

I wanted to make something for each new little baby. I LOVE pinterest and most of my projects, ideas, meals, etc all come from that site. It's amazing :) Anyway I found this tutorial on how to make simple swaddle blankets. I decided that this would be the perfect gift for them and for my new little girl.

The past couple weeks have been rainy, so I haven't been able to work much on my dresser (bummer!). Being couped up inside a lot, I order some fabric from one of my favorite fabric sites fabric.com and bought some fun, pretty color gauzey fabrics. They all finally arrived the beginning of this week. I buckled down and started sewing!! Zoie even helped me pin some of the edges over, she enjoyed it a lot. Still have to finish mine, but made sure to get theirs done first. What do you think? Simple, right?!


These are for my Sister Shelby's little boy


These are for my Sister-in-law Sarah's little girl

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...