4.16.2012

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

Saturday our stake had a Stake Relief Society Conference. It was amazing. The theme was Doctrince and Covenants 4:2 : "Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

What a great theme. During the conference there were four class offered, each focusing on different ways we as women can serve God. These classes were based from the scripture just quoted, Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength. I learned many things and had many prayers answered from this confernece.

I wanted to share with you all one important lesson I learned that may be of some help to you in your hectic, busy lives. This is coming from the class, "Serve the Lord with all your HEART."

"And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworhty creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.

"And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of god, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true." (Mosiah 4: 11-12).

Our heart is an organ that never stops pumping blood to our body to keep us alive and healthy. It is a symbol of love and joy we feel daily in our lives. Take a moment and think of the importance of the heart in our life. Everything, in a manner of speaking, comes from the heart. If our heart were to stop working we would die. Right? The same thing applies if we were to stop growing in the gospel and serving the Lord, then our spirituality, our gospel knowledge and our testimony would stop and essentially die.

The verses found in Mosiah 4 help us stay strong spiritually and remember why we are here and our purpose. Let me break it down for you. I have bolded all the phrases that I find really important in this verse above. I'll do my best to put it as plain and simple as I can.

If you have
  • come to the knowledge of God
  • known of his goodness
  • tasted of his love
  • received a remission of your sins (baptism)
Then you have
  • felt great joy in your heart
Now this Joy comes from
  • remembering God's GREATNESS and your NOTHINGNESS
Which is discovered and understood by
  • praying daily
All these things brings about
  • Joy, Forgiveness, Remembrance of God, Spiritual Growth, and most of all Hope
Mosiah 4: 11-12 has become one my favorite scriptures and something to live by daily. I know that as I come to truly apply this verse of scripture into my life daily, I will be better prepared to serve the Lord, my family and others. I will be able to accomplish all my storms with more strength, faith, and power. I'll be to resist Satan and come out conqueror.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...