8.02.2011

Oh Cigar Boxes

I know I got you thinking about this post with that title, right?! Well... Ryan has been such a great husband and has helped me stay crafty and creative. While I was gone visiting my family in June he brought home some cigar boxes from work. He thought I would be able to do something crafty with them. Such a supportive husband!

Here is one that I decided to do something with the other night. I didn't know what to use it for at first, but I just mod podge some scrapbook paper to it and then decided to use it for all of Zoie's hair-ties, clips, ribbons, bow etc. Works out pretty well.

Neat huh?!

Well, that is as creative as my mind is working at the moment with these cigar boxes. I have two more of these boxes and my creative side is not thinking of any cool, neat, ideas.


With that being said I need some help from you to get my creative juices flowing agian. So my question for you today is, what are some cool and neat ideas to do with these boxes? What would you do with them?

Have a great Tuesday everyone! Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. What do you currently need better storage for? What about office supplies-type stuff (like pens and pencils and scissors and tape, etc)? Do you have little decorations for Halloween or Thanksgiving or Christmas that need a home? Who knows! There are so many possibilities! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy True (Gayer)August 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM

    Whenever you have a thought or saying or something that you want Zoie to know, write it down and put it in the box. It could be advice, a simple I love you, warnings, venting, a story about what she did that day. Then once it is full, seal it up and give it to her when she turns 8 or when she graduates. Then you two and sit and remince over those past years. Even Ryan can do it to...since you have 2, you can do one for you and one for ryan.
    Love you
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm. if zoie were any older you could make it into a treasure box. for whatever special 'treasures' she has/finds. john's response "hold baseball cards or something?" jewelry box? maybe if you added little dividers or padding or something, depending on what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my boys were young and we were broke I got some cigar boxes - mine were wooded - from the town transfer station. I cut out pictures from magazines of wolves, bears, and other masculine things and mod podged them to the covers - might have painted them but I don't think I did because they were so nice looking already. Then I got some black velvet material and glued it to the inside. For years they used their treasure boxes to put special things in. I think we still have them somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also mod podge photos! Or you could make your own shadow boxes and tack them to the wall or put them on a shelf. Or you could put your spices or recipe cards in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have boxes for cards that were given to us as a family: Christmas cards, wedding announcements, baby shower invites, birthday cards, random letters and cards, etc.

    Hope you find something useful out of them!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...