8.07.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

In Relief Society today we talked about President Thomas S. Monson's conference talk Finding Joy in the Journey. I believe once we take the time to find the JOY in our life's journey we come to accept and understand the trials and challenges that are placed before us.

A most recent trail that my husband and I are going through has been hard to find that JOY in our life. My husband, Ryan graduated from college in April and ever since has been trying to land a full-time job that he enjoys and knows he can uplift, edify and do a good cause for those people he associates with. He has not found one yet and its very frustrating. He has had applied for many positions, gone in for many interviews and even gone in for second interviews (that's suppose to be a good thing right?!). In the end it always came down to him and someone else, and they gave it to the other person, because they had more experience. HELLO! You can't get experience unless you get the job. So our life has been hard and it would be nice not to have to worry about the daily expenses life requires. But then I always remind myself of this saying:

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."

Is not that true?! Life is not always easy, but once we can take the time out of our busy day, sit down, and find the JOY in our journey is when we can see the blessings and say "Yes, it was worth it!"

She is our JOY.

The Lord is going to give us trials, if He didn't how else can we know the feeling of true JOY!

"And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy... yea your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fulness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am...." (3 Nephi 28:10).

I am grateful for the JOY I have found in my trials and challenges. I know Ryan will find a job that not only brings JOY to him and and our family but to all those he comes in contact with. I know the Lord is there to help me find that JOY in life. I know the only way to truly understand the fulness of JOY is to put Jesus Christ first, then to serve Others, and then to spirtiually, physically, and edify Yourself. The church is ture and the power of the Lord is real and of this I bear my testimony and witness in His name, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean about the job hunt. and thanks for the uplifting post ending:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...