8.14.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

Have you ever wondered "Why is this happening to me?" "Why now?" "Why me?" I definitely do at times. Well, guess what?! Today is the day you will hopefully have an answer to those questions that seem to add extra stress into your life and a desire to search and study it out for yourself.

Elder Kent F. Richards gave a talk in the April 2011 General Conference that can give us answers to those questions and help us to understand those purposes. His talk is titled, "The Atonement Covers All Pain". In his talk we learn that we experience pains, have difficult trials, and have feelings of sorrow, to help us for life in this world and the life hereafter. I know it is difficult to see the good, the blessings, in all those situations, but with faith and trust in the Lord our eyes will be opened to the outpouring of blessings the Lord so graciously bestows upon each and every one of us.

An important lesson I learned when reading this talk has given me the desire to understand my pains, my trials, my sorrows, and all the "Why Me's." This is the lesson learned. Jesus Christ CHOSE to experience pain, have trials and have feelings of sorrow. He did so to better understand each and every one of US. He CHOSE to learn from His personal experiences, as must we, so as to understand Him, the purposes of mortality, and our eternal purposes in the life to come. Therefore, we must come unto Him with a sincere heart and ask for his help and guidance in our troubling times. The truth of this is found in 2 Nephi 9:21 and Hebrews 4:16

He suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creating, both men, women, and children.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


I know it is hard to understand the "Why Me's," but it only draws each one of us closer to our Father in Heaven, our Savior, Jesus Christ, and to our families. I know that the Atonement does in fact cover all pain and is real. I know that when I go to my Father in prayer with a sincere heart and ask forgiveness, I am forgiven. I know that to be true because of the willingness of the Saviors atoning sacrifice. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and is an everlasting blessing in my life and my family's life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...