5.17.2013

Simplicity

Lately, I have fell in love with birds.With that said, I have decided to name my project Simplicity. I love the simplicity of the birds silhouettes and the joy that their sounds bring into my life. So I wanted to do a project with a bird. Something very simple, elegant, and one that I would have all the supplies for.

 Yesterday, Zoie had ripped some pages out of one of Ryan's old school books. For some reason both girls have seemed to grab this Dubliners book and play with it all the time, and Zoie "reads" it to Charlotte and her babies. It's very cute.

I didn't want to throw those ripped pages away and I thought maybe I could do a project  with them and then this morning my head was trying to create a project. It kept going to making flowers with pages and putting them with a frame with a picture of a bird. So that's what I did and here are my results and I am absolutely in love.


I made a bird silhouette stencil and cut it out onto freezer paper. Then iron the freezer paper to my lace fabric and spray painted it the color teal.



I cut the book pages into circles, burned the edges and made them look old and then hot glued them together with a bead in the middle and I spray painted the frame teal to match the bird.

















I hot glued the lace to the back of the frame so it would stay put. And I was done! 

I am so in love and I can't stop smiling. I plan on making some more in different colors. I have a really cool octagon frame that I got at good will, that this will be perfect for. 

What do you think? Maybe I'll try an Owl since those are pretty in style now-a-days too or a different animal
Would you want one? Would you buy one?
I'd like to try selling some of my projects, but want to know if I should.
Pros? Cons? Would anyone be interested? Stuff like that.
Please share and be respectful and kind. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I am currently designing my office and I'm using birds (all sorts) for decor. I SO want to do this now too. I love the lace too and the depth it provides to the bird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...