5.18.2013

Feeling Dumb

Yesterday, I had both girls asleep at once! Finally sometime for just me. I should of took a nap with them, but really wanted to sit and ponder on life and random things. Haven't done that in a while.

As I sat pondering on various things in my life, I had the feeling of being "dumb." I don't want to be dumb or get dumb (if that's even possible). I want to be able to have intelligent conversations, know what everyone else is talking about, help my children out with schoolwork and life, and so much more. I feel like right now in my life, I can't do those things.

I can't go back to school now. What options do I have left? I can't do online classes at the moment. So what's left? Asking myself these questions and others, I found myself coming to the conclusion that I need to make time to read books. I read books, but not as often as I should. I take forever to finish them now, probably even longer with two kids. I am still reading "The Counte of Monte Cristo", I have like 200 pages left, but I started it a two years ago.

*amazon.com

I decided to ask my sisters and mom to join with me in reading a book a month, every odd month is a church/inspirational book and every even month is any book. They said yes and we have been taking turns picking out the books. It's been a lot of fun. We started in February. I have learned a lot and am growing a lot. I made a page at the top of the blog to keep track of all the books that we read and such.

It's been fun to do something with my sisters and mom, especially when we aren't all together. I am hoping that we continue to do this and make it a tradition and at some point my girls and future nieces can join in. It's a great bonding experience and gives us something to talk about.

After reading these books the past few months, I don't feel so dumb, I feel a little smarter. :)

Do you have any favorite books?




2 comments:

  1. I've read some really good books last year, but can't remember all of them that I read at the moment. My main focus right now is the Bible. I read two books about World War II, The Nazi Officer's Wife, and The Hiding Place. They were very interesting to read. I reread Heidi and about bawled my eyes out at the end. My sister and I recently watched the movie, Marley and Me, and she is reading the book right now and likes it so far. I got a Kindle for Christmas and have been downloading all the free books that sound interesting. I read some short stories from Dicken's that were good, but can't remember the name of. Oh, and Pride and Prejudice is always a good classic to read. Also, if you feel like being inspired, Two Cups of Tea was recommenced by one of my professors at SVU and when I finally got around to reading it, I loved it. I also loved reading about that blind guy who climbed mountains, I can't remember the name of the book. Secret Life of Bees is a good one two. Um, I can't think of any others at the top of my head, but I think I gave you enough to think about.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Those are some good books i'll add to our list to read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...