12.12.2012

End Table Make-Over

Two years ago we moved into our little apartment and acquired some end tables for our living room. They were great and I loved them. Then we got some new furniture and no longer had space for them in our living room or any other room in the house. I tried to figure out what to do them and make some use of them but we just didn't have any space in this apartment. So they ended up sitting on our back porch for like 9 months!!!

This past weekend I knew what I was going to do with them. We had a bunch of new families move into our church ward this summer, and one family didn't bring any furniture with them. What a better way to start off the Christmas season than giving to those in need. I told Ryan and Zoie what I wanted to do and they got on board with me.

Zoie and I unscrewed and took the end-tables apart. I then sanded them down and stained them a dark walnut color. I absoluely love that color. I used it for my family blocks and mirror frame. Then Zoie helped me screw them back on. It was fun. Zoie loves to help me out with all my projects.

Here is how they turned out. What do you think?

 
 
They turned out great! Our friends love them and they look great in their house. I am really loving making old and ugly things pretty again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...