12.14.2012

Crockpot Apple Butter

So I started this post in August and forgot to post about it. Being a mom of two can be busy, I tell you, but it is so much. The month of August I was canning like crazy. A friend of mine has apple trees and they went out of control producing apples this year. So I've been over a couple of times to pick apples. It's been so much fun. I've started to develop a love for canning. I've canned, applesauce, apple filling, and now apple butter. Here is the link to my Crock pot Apple Butter. I've made a couple changes to fit my family's personal taste and such. Here are my changes:

6 cups of my homemade Applesauce
3 lbs organic apples, diced
4 cups sugar
1 cup apple juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp pumpkin spice

Directions the same. I think the pumpkin spice adds a little more to the apple butter, and the homemade applesauce makes it all that much better without all the stuff they put in the store bought kind. More recipes to come on my canning apples adventures. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...