9.29.2012

Living Room IV

Well... it's about time I posted about my mirror! It would have been done a while ago, but I had my husband screw the back of the board to the mirror and he accidentally cracked part of the mirror. So I needed to figure out what to do to keep this mirror. I came up with a brilliant solution with the help of a friend.

Said friend has a Vinyl Creates shop and she has been a great source to start and finish my projects. When I told her about my mirror and we talked about putting some design to go over the crack, that wasn't just feeling right, because I didn't think it would cover the whole crack. Then she told me she has chalkboard vinyl! I loved that idea. I could write little sayings, scriptures, quotes, holiday sayings, etc. on it. And who has a mirror with chalkboard vinyl on it?! With that, I went ahead and had her cut a design for me that wasn't just a strip, but had a little character to it.

I sanded the mirror down, stained the wood a dark walnut, and cut a piece of plywood to hold the mirror in the place.Here is the before picture!

Thanks to my amazing, wonderful, talented husband, he pieced the mirror all back together and hung it up for me. (I hope it doesn't fall:)) Here is our mirror! What do you all think?


 
Keep in mind that once I piece my quilt together it will hang underneath the mirror. I love how it turned out and am excited to finally cross this off the project list.


2 comments:

  1. NIce! I like that chalkboard stuff. I might find a need for some myself. What a good idea to cover an impperfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so resourceful! I love watching these rooms come together piece by piece. It's certainly more put together than when we lived there. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...