7.20.2012

Charlotte's Blessing


Sunday, July 15th we blessed Charlotte. It was a wonderful blessing. I made Charlotte's Blessing Dress. I made one for Zoie and debated whether or not I should use the same one for Charlotte. I thought about it for a while and decided not to use Zoie's and make Charlotte her own. Charlotte has a different personality than Zoie did while she was inside of me and Zoie's blessing dress just didn't fit Charlotte. Also, when they grow up and get married (in like 20 years, hehe) and have kids of their own, if they so desire to use their own dress for their girls they each have one.

So enough said about that here is Charlotte's blessing dress. It is really long. It has four layers and the top layer is lace. I love the flowers, I cut out different size circles and held them above a lit candle, to give the circle a little curvy look to it. Then hot glued some pearls and silver beads in the center, then hand sewed them to the bodice of the dress. I am really pleased with myself and how the dress turned out. I think it fits Charlotte perfect!!! It took two of us to get her into the dress and she looked beautiful.




Charlotte Leigh was blessed by her father, Grandpa, Papa, and Uncle Shea. It was fun to have our families in town to share in this special occasion.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...