9.14.2013

Awesome Yard Sale Find

Do you all remember my amazing mirror that I found in someones trash and I fixed it up? The one that Ryan was screwing the back on and cracked the mirror and I covered it up with chalkboard vinyl? Well if not, check it out.

I loved it, mostly because it was big, free and one of a kind with the vinyl on it. Well, when we moved into our house in June, it broke. The crack went all the up the middle of the mirror and there was no way I could hide it and fix it. So it just sits behind our piano until I can think of something to do with it. Any ideas?

Anyway, I really liked it and was bummed that I wouldn't have a big mirror to hang up in the house. I love mirrors. As I was driving home from the store this afternoon, I drove by this yard sale and saw a mirror for sale. I told myself I'd just stop by and look at it. It was probably going to be more than what I would want to pay for it.

I got out and looked at it and told the guy I was interested and he said he would give it to me for $5.00. I couldn't say no, so I took it. They were getting ready to move and just wanted to sell things quick. So for $5.00 I got myself my new mirror. Take a look, I love awesome yard sale finds!


Don't you just love it. I love how long it is and I think I'm going to put it in our hallway. I haven't figured out how I'm going to paint it/stain it, or the color and such. 
If you have suggestions or ideas please share with me. 


Here is the detailed top of the mirror. Beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I would love to find a deal like that too! It would be fun to fix it up. On Pinterest I found a really cute blog that you can look at. This girl has fixed up a lot of furniture. Maybe you can find an idea. http://countrygirlhome.blogspot.com/p/before-and-afters.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun catching up on all your posts. We miss you guys! I didn't know you moved, do you like your new place? Next time you go to the temple come to our house. You can stay the night, stop by, or drop your kids off! Love you guys! Oh, and did I ever say congratulations on the new baby? We're very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...