11.20.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

Getting through this life is a hard challenge, but it can be an easy challenge, if you allow yourself to let it be easy. We don't ever have to get through our STORMS alone! Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there to helps us, if we are ready and worthy of their help. We know we are going to make mistakes. It is through those mistakes we make that we can learn from them and grow. It will be difficult at times to keep all the commandments. I am one who knows how difficult it is, but thankfully, Heavenly Father knew that would be hard for me, and for us, and so he provided a way for us to be forgiven, through the Saviors atoning sacrifice. The big key to being forgiven and not getting through our STORMS alone, is to ask forgiveness from our Heavenly Father through prayer. President Thomas S. Monson, our beloved Prophet, has shared his thoughts and feelings on this subject, in his talk Stand in Holy Places, in this past October General Conference. He helps understand that communicating with our Father in Heaven through prayer can help us "Stand in Holy Places," be worthy of divine inspiration, be forgiven, and that we can get through the challenging obstacles of life.

Once again, I will share my thoughts that I felt while watching his talk. I challenge you to read his talk and develop a meaningful realtaionship with your Father in Heaven, so you will be able to Stay STRONG in your STORMS of Life and then help others to do the same.
  • The Lord's commandments and laws will always remain constant.
  • Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
  • Heavenly Father's consistancy is something I can depend on, and it is an anchor for my strength, faith, and testimony of Him and His gospel.
  • Being worthy of the spirit will bring more joy and happiness into my life, especially as I draw close to the Savior and follow Him.
  • I must be diligent in my spiritual matters, i.e. prayer, scripture study, family home evening, etc. so as to escape the world and Satan's temptations.
  • I am a being of the world, not in the world, thus it is necessary for me to communicate with Heavenly Father through prayer.
  • I must not EVER let a day go by without praying to Heavenly Father. He is my strength in this life and helps me keep on, keepin' on.
  • I must have goal to strive for daily prayer and then I will see the blessings of being entitled to divine inspiration from Heavenly Father.
  • It is important to be worthy to receive inspiration, to feel it, to recognize it, and to follow it.
  • Applying all these things to my life, I will be standing in Holy Places and no one will be able to move me. I will be able to resist all the temptations of Satan, because I will have the strength of the Lord behind me, helping me to Stay STRONG in my STORMS of Life.
I know that communication is the key to get through this life. It is through my prayers, questions, and answers, that I know I am not going through this life alone. I know I don't have to figure everything out on my own. I have the Lord, my husband, my children, my family, and my friends to lift me up so I can endure to the end and live with my family FOREVER and live in the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

 I would like to echo President Monson's statement, "Communicating with our Father in Heaven-- including our prayers to Him and His inspiration to us-- is necessary in order for us to weather the storms and trials of life." You don't have to get through this life alone and you can be forgiven for all your sins, if you would only turn to your Father in Heaven in prayer. He loves you and wants to help you. Open your hearts and let him in and you will never stop communicating once  you come to feel of his love and constantly see His hand in your life. I know this to be true, I have seen it in my life, my husbands life, and in the lives of my friends. This principle is real and do whatever you can to apply it into your lives. I know the Savior and Heavenly Father are on my side and are helping me in this life. This gospel is true and is a forever blessing in my life. I leave these things with you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...