11.16.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

We live in a world and time that makes us question whether we matter or not and whether we belong or not. This feeling makes living life difficult. This feeling also makes the challenges and hardships we face unbearable. Then we come to wonder and question if the Lord knows us, loves us, and wants us to be happy. Having thought, pondered, and questioned all of these things at some point in my life, I am here to tell you, "YOU MATTER TO HIM!" I have developed a stronger testimony and belief of that saying, thanks to President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. President Uchtdorf is a member of the First Presdiency and spoke on this topic this past October General Conference. I am going to share my thoughts and feelings that I had while listening to his talk. I challenge you to read, listen, or watch  his talk and write the impressions you feel and come to know and understand that the Lord loves you and that YOU MATTER TO HIM!!!
  • The more I learn about the universe the more I learn about God.
  • King Benjamin tells me to, “always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and [my] own nothingness.” (Mosiah 4:11, with emphasis added)
  • I am the reason God created the universe. He created the universe so there was a way I could be saved and exalted.
  • Everything created in the world is for my benefit and to help me reach my full potential.
  • I am EVERYTHING to God.
  • God's greatest desire is to help me reach my full potential. I must allow Him to help me when I need it.
  • My true value and purpose has little to do with the what the world is thinking of me. I matter to God.
  • I need to learn to become as a child and in-turn will feel the Lords love for me, personally.
  • When I serve others, I am serving God and showing my love for Him.
  • What matters to God is when I do the best I can, my heart is towards Him, and I am willing to serve Him.
  • My actions are a living witness of my strong faith in God.
  • I must ALWAYS remember I matter to Him.
  • If I ever doubt that I matter, I need to consider these 4 divine principles:
    • God loves the humble and meek.
    • The Lord entrusts the fullness of his gospel to be proclaimed by the weak and simple to the ends of the earth.
    • No matter the situation or circumstance, I am not invisible to Heavenly Father. He loves and knows me.
    • What I see and experience now is not what forever will be.
  • I must have hope and faith in Him.
  • I need to learn to LOVE.
  • I need to come to understand my true eternal worth and potential.
Those are all my thoughts I felt throughout President Uchtdorf's talk. I know that when I am struggling with so many difficult STORMS in my life, and that if I stay STRONG the Lord will help me get through them. When I let Him help me out, I come to know, feel, and understand that I really do MATTER TO HIM and He loves me. I know if you will come to do the same you will know you matter to Him. I know that God is real and is always ready with a stretched out arm to lift me up when I am down. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Hillary. I love to read your Sunday posts. They are so uplifting. We love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...