11.30.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

There are a few days a week in my life where I need some encouragement. Something or someone to say things will be okay and don't worry so much. When I do hear these things or see these things, it is hard for me to accept and really be at peace with the situation sometimes. Have you ever felt that way before?
President Henry B. Erying stated that his general conference talk given this past October was a message of encouragement. His talked was titled "A Witness." Now how can this talk be a message of encouragement for all difficult STORMS we face in our life? Well, I am here to tell you it has everything to do with our STORMS in life. In my own words, being a witness means to bear one's own testimony in word, and/or action of what one believes to have felt or seen to be true.  We can be a witness by the way we act towards others and sometimes those actions can help us forget about our STORMS or figure a way to get through them.

Every situation we face in our life, we can be a witness of Christ, not only that but, we can be a witness of who we are and what we really represent. Let people see you for who you are. Don't try to change, or become something you're not. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you the way you are and only want you to change for the better. Read of Their words, read of the Prophets and General Authorities words and come to find who you truly are and then proudly take a stand and represent the true you. One of the main things this gospel helps us come to understand and know is "WHO WE ARE." Take that challenge and discover who you are.

If you take the time to read President Erying's talk and feel of the spirit and allow the spirit to expand your knowledge of the Lord's gospel in your life, you will have the encouragement and strength to conquer anything that crosses your path.

Here are my impressions I had while reading his talk:
  • President Erying is encouraging me to get through my challenging times and the only way to do so is by reading the Book of Mormon.
  • Promises I made at Baptism: (that bring constant encouragement into my life)
    • to become charitable
    • to become a witness of God
    • to endure to the end
  • The Book of Mormon is a guide to let me know and learn how well I am doing and how to do better in this life.
  • Serving others is the best way to become charitable, and eventually if I continue to serve others then the feelings of charity become part of my nature.
  • It's hard to be a witness of Christ, but reading the Book of Mormon, I learn how to be a wintess in all different types of situations.
  • Enduring to the end means to follow the Savior's command with love and service to the end.
  • Steps that lead to a full conversion:
    • faith
    • prayerful study of the Book of Mormon
  • The Book of Mormon is the only way home to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. So I must immerse myself in Their words daily and drink of the living waters so I may know how I can return home and live with my family forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...