9.19.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday. Sundays have been busy. We start chruch at 1pm and Ryan is in a bishopric and has meetings before and after church, so we don't get home til around five. Then I make dinner and put Zoie to bed. I'll try to do better this week.

Anyway, Saturday, our Stake had a Temple day and Ryan and I were able to go. We left Zoie with a babysitter and took a 3 hour drive up to the Washington D.C. Temple. It was so nice to go and not have to worry about anything. I love going to the temple for that reason. I can go and not have to worry about Zoie, our finances, work, chores, and other things that take up my time. It is there that I know I'm not alone and the Lord loves me.

Washington D.C Temple at Christmas Time

I felt the spirit so stongly and had many of my questions answered. Being in the temple gives me a better desire to follow the Lords commandments and seek after Him. Our life the last few weeks have been crazy busy. Ryan and I haven't seen much of each other. Ryan goes from one job to the next and when he is home, I'm a volleyball practice or away at a game. It's been rough and I miss him, but I know because of our love and our temple sealing we will be just fine.

I'm so grateful for temples and the blessings and covenats we make and receive their. The Temple has strengthened my marriage and has drawn me closer to my Father in Heaven and my Savior. Going to the temple is the only place where I can feel at peace and really not worry about anything. I know when I put the things of the Lord first, all my worries, concerns, and responsiblities will be taken care of. I know the Lord is real and speaks to his sons and daugthers in the temple. I know that going to the temple often really does a make difference in ones life. Not only can it make a difference it can help you stay STRONG in the STORMS of life. I challenge you to go to the temple and feel of the Lords love for you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. That was all so beautifully said! We planned to go that day too but we took a spontaneous trip to Utah and Idaho. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...