7.24.2011

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

It is no secret that life is not always going to be easy. Even as we are faithful and obedient, stormy times will come. But FEAR NOT! I am going to share some uplifting thoughts, stories, feelings, and experiences with you so you know you're not alone. I hope that the things I share with you weekly will give you a little more motivation to keep on keepin' on.

My family and I are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We have the privilege every six months to have General Conference where we get to hear from the Prophet, Apostles, and other General Authorities of the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's a wonderful, spritiual, and uplifting weekend. This last General Conference in April, I remember President Dieter F. Uchtdorf saying we, meaning the members of the LDS church should share the gospel EVERYWHERE, blogs were included in that statement. Thus the reason and meaning for my post. Every Sunday I will share how the gospel has kept me and my family "Staying Strong in the  Storms of Life."

We love and enjoy our life very much but our life can get busy and burdensome sometimes. I know through faith and prayer we can get through the storms that comes our way and so can you. YOU'RE NOT ALONE. Hopefully the words I share with you can help you stay strong and overcome those storms, testify to you of the truthfulness of the gospel and to let you know how much love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for you.
Christ calming the Sea. Picture by Deseret Books

Unfortunately, I cannot prompt ALL trails to cease. But again, FEAR NOT! The Lord has promised to give us the strength to bear our burdens with ease as we turn to Him and diligently strive to keep His commandments. He promises, "I WILL EASE THE BURDENS WHICH ARE PUT UPON YOUR SHOULDERS, THAT EVEN YOU CANNOT FEEL THEM UPON YOUR BACKS, EVEN WHILE YOU ARE IN BONDAGE; AND THIS I WILL DO THAT YE MAY STAND AS WITNESSES FOR ME HEREAFTER, AND THAT YE MAY KNOW OF A SURETY THAT I, THE LORD GOD, DO VISIT MY PEOPLE IN THEIR AFFLICTIONS" (Mosiah 24:14). He also promises the faithful that "THEY SHALL NOT BE BEATEN DOWN BY THE STORM AT THE LAST DAY; YEA NEITHER SHALL THEY BE HARROWED UP BY THE WHIRLWHINDS; BUT WHEN THE STORM COMETH THEY SHALL BE GATHERED TOGETHER IN THEIR PLACE, THAT THE STORM CANNOT PENETRATE TO THEM;YEA NEITHER SHALL THEY BE DRIVEN WITH FIERCE WINDS WHITHERSOEVER THE ENEMY LISTETH TO CARRY THEM" (Alma 26:6).
Be Not Afraid. Christ is there to help. Picture by Deseret Books

I know these things to be true and testify that Jesus is the Christ and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church today. I ask you to please remember these things, YOU'RE NOT ALONE and always center your life on your Savior, Jesus Christ. As you do so, you will have success in staying strong in the storms of life!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...