3.08.2013

Blessing Shadow Box

Have I got a project to share with you! I am very excited about this project and was even more so when I thought of this idea.

One day while browsing around on pinterest. I saw a post someone did where they put their wedding dress in a shadow box. I loved that idea and plan on doing that to mine someday.

If you didn't know I made both of my girls blessing dresses. I decided to make their dresses for a few reasons. First, it was cheaper. Second, it's something special from me. Third, each girl will have their own to pass down to their daughter (if they so choose). With all that being said, it was a difficult and stressful process making their dresses. I love how both turned out and how each dresses fit each girls personality.

After each blessing, I hung up the dress in the closet and that was that! I didn't want to just pack up the dresses or leave them hanging up in the closet. I remember watching the movie, "The Other Sister" with my mom a while back and in the movie the mom has all three of her girls dresses in a frame hanging up in their entry way and my mom mentioned how that was a good idea. So, I took that idea and did it for my girls blessing dresses and personalized each one.


Here is my process:

I traced the letters on scrapbook paper, cut, and mod podge the paper to the letter

Purple for Zoie

Yellow for Charlotte


Then I pinned the dress to the back and placed their 
letter with the dress. 

I absolutely am in love with how these turned out. It was so simple and easy to do. I love how each one matches their personality; from style of dress to the designs of the paper. I love it! 

Someday, when they get married and have kids of their own they can take their Shadow Box with them (well....maybe...if I can part with them and accept that they aren't little anymore). Who knows, maybe it will be my little keepsake. :)
















1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...