9.19.2012

FALL FUN

Yes, that's right fall has officially arrived here in town. I am so excited. I LOVE this season. I love seeing the leaves change, the slight cold breeze, the smells, the holidays, the activities, the events, and especially the memories.

This season meant school started, which to me meant I could play volleyball. It was great. I still feel this way, but it's not as exciting as it once was, because now I don't play competitively anymore. I do get excited to coach my volleyball girls and start a crazy season once again.

Now, this season reminds me of meeting the best man that has ever happened to me. Ryan. We met during fall (football and volleyball seasons :)). All of our good times and "special" occasions happened during fall. Our first date, first kiss, first walk, holding hands, dancing, singing, laughing, drinking hot chocolate, swinging at the park, getting kicked out of the park (story for another time) and so much more. This is a season of memories that I'll always cherish, will always be with me, and I'll always think of during this time of the year.

Here is a picture Ryan took of all the leaves that have fallen off and are changing color. Isn't it just beautiful?!

 
 
So on this here fall day, what do the kids and I do. Well, we first started off dancing to music, then cleaning, then going outside to play in the leaves, kick a ball around, and race. Zoie loves racing with me along our pathway to the house. We run that back and forth probably like 1000 times before she is tired and ready to come inside. It was a lot of fun.
 
While we were out there Zoie loves to just sit and watch the sky and see if she can see any "tweets" flying around (in case you didn't get it, that is how she identifies birds). We saw a few today, but the miraculous discovery Zoie had was seeing a butterfly. She has seen them before, but they have never come close to her before. She loved it. It flew by her head, "tickle ear mommy", sher said, (tickled Zoie's ear) and sat on a rock for a few seconds. Long enough for Zoie to get a good look at it. She was so excited.
 
When we were done playing outside we came in had some lunch, then played with some play-dough. Zoie wanted to stamp our names with the letters so I rolled out some dough, gave her the letters, and she stamped them down. It was so cute. She had a lot fun and kept repeating the letter over and over again.  Here is how they turned out.
 
 
We had so much fun today. I love spending time with my girls and creating fun, exciting, interesting memories with them. Charlotte loved being outside and was just smiling up a storm while we running and kicking balls with Zoie. My Bug and Little Miss are awesome girls and I am glad they are in my life. They are my other greatest blessing!!
 
 
 

 
 

 


4 comments:

  1. Fall has such good memories for me. Likewise the same time I met Buck. lots of trips to Roanoke, and late night hangouts. I miss is greatly because well where we live Fall doesn't exactly exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stage that Amalia's at right now, but it must be so fun to have two little girls and be able to talk and have conversations with Zoie. Such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have more leaves down than we do! I think tonight it is going to frost so I will cover the tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever done the corn maze? That is a fun thing to do.

    I miss Virginia's fall. Keep on enjoying it for me, OK?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...