1.17.2012

Staying STRONG in the STORMS of Life

It's been a while since I've posted on this particular theme. I apologize. Things are starting to slow down and we are getting back onto our normal schedule and rhythm. Entering into a new year I wanted to do a post about just that, New Year, New Life. I suppose you could say. I didn't know how I would do so, until I sat down one evening and opened the January  2012 issue of the Ensign and started reading t he First Presidency Message.

President Monson wrote about how we can be "Living the Abundant Life." I encourage you all to read this message and continually apply his teachings into your New  Year, New Goals, New Memories, and even yes, a New Life.

President Monson states, "At the advent of a new year, I challenge [you] to undertake a personal, diligent, significant quest for what I call the abundant life--a life filled with an abundance of success, goodness, and blessings. Just as we learned the ABCs in school, I offer my own ABCs to help us all gain the abundant life."

A refers to ATTITUDE:
  • keep in mind that so much in life depends on our attitude.
  • how I choose to see things and respond to others makes a difference.
  • continuing to keep/have a positive attitude will bring peace, contentment and strength in my life.
B refers to BELIEF:
  • IN YOURSELF, OTHERS, & ETERNAL PRINCIPLES
  • I must not limit myself or let others limit myself to what I can do.
  • When I believe in myself I can then live and reach my highest dreams.
  • I CAN achieve what I believe I can.
  • Belief takes a lot of faith and trust.
C refers to COURAGE:
  • President Monson's definition-- "courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one's coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."
  • Keep the determination to make the effort to Try again!
 To end our ABCs I will quote President Monson again. "May we remember these ABCs as we begin our journey into the new year, cultivating a positive attitude, a belief that we can achieve our goals and resolutions, and the courage to face whatever challenges may come our way. Then the abundant life will be ours."

I believe that if we choose to follow these ABCs, the STORMS we face in our life will be easier for us to overcome them. Stay STRONG and don't give up. Trust in the Lord and He will make up the difference for what we cannot do. May you all reach high, dream far, and accomplish the impossible this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...