12.04.2010

First Snow of the Season


I was cleaning the house today and went to put some stuff in the car and when I opened up the door it was SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!  Buena Vista has had the first snow of the season, so exciting. Let's just hope we don't get snowed in again this year. 


For some weird reason when I see snow my mind automatically thinks of Christmas. Seeing snow and wathcing the snow fall gets me all excited and happy inside. It makes me feel like a little kid who wants to spend the rest of the day playing in it and making a snowman. After all that I just want to sit and cuddle with Ryan by a fire, drinking hot cocoa and watching the snow fall. It's just so peaceful and I can just feel the love in the air. :)


Here are some pictures:


The snow falling in our backyard

Snow in our backyard

Snow slowly covering our cars

Zoie's Dream

Every time I try to record Zoie talking she stops and just stares at my phone. This morning I was finally able to record her talking to me. So excuse my voice and noises I make to get her to talk and just enjoy listening to Zoie tell her dream. ( I hope this works!)





It's All Worth It!!

Zoie is a really good baby and I know I am being spoiled. She is going to bed for the night around 7-8pm (Used to be 6:30pm, but her naps have changed all of a sudden) and sleeps til about 3 am. We feed and then she goes back to sleep til 6am and depending on her mood will go back to sleep or stay awake.

It's really hard to get myself up and awake so early in the morning to feed and play with her. The last few days I have been sick and all I want to do is get some good rest so I can get better. However, being a mom of a 2 month old makes that difficult to do.

I honestly believe my little girl understands it's tough on me and so when I roll over to get her from her bed, she looks up at me and gives me a big smile. That's when I thank the Lord for reminding me it's worth it and that she loves me.

Can this really be happening?!

Zoie is one funny little girl. She loves tummy time and makes so much noise. However, I think she has subconsciously realized how to roll over onto her back. I'm not sure if she really is doing it or if I just happen to set her up to lean towards one side or the other. So I did a "little experiment" with her. I laid her on her stomach six times ( I made sure she wasn't leaning towards a side) and within seconds of each time she would tilt her head one way and move the opposite leg and hand and "push off!" It's so funny and pretty impressive for a 2 month old. You can call me crazy but it is TRUE!!!!

Just in case you don't believe me, here is a video of her on tummy time and I just got the camera in time to catch her rolling over. It's hard to get a good video because she gets into her own little world when she sees the camera. Here's the video ( I captured the best I could).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...