12.01.2010

1 December 2010

Happy 1st day of December!!!


One of my roommates in college always said this to one of her friends and for some reason ever since she told me about it, I started writing it down in my journal. Now... I say it to you all. :)


All I can say is PRECIOUS




Tea Parties and Books



So I recently joined a "tea party and book club" with a bunch of girls from the University. We basically read a book then gather together, drink herbal tea and discuss the book. Tonight was our first get together. We read The Bell Jar by Slyvia Plath. Before discussing the book, I didn't know if I liked it or not... now I like it. However, I only feel that way because I discussed it with others and better understood Slyvia's writing styles ( I personally think discussing this book may be the only way to enjoy it). The book is basically about a girl whose insanity takes over her and she finds herself inside this "the bell jar."  This book makes me really think about my own life. Am I really doing what I want to be doing or am I doing what others want me to do? I am enjoying my life and am loving what I am doing. My answer is, YES, I am doing what I want to be doing. I want to be a mom, a wife, a fitness instructor, and so much more. I can constantly see the Lord's hand in my life. I absolutely LOVE my life!! What about you?

2 comments:

  1. What a cute baby! Are you guys planning on going to Rochester for New Year's? I thought you were but then I thought maybe I'd just made that up in my head. Anyway, we'll be there; if you aren't we'll have to get together soon in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the Bell Jar. I'm jealous about the book club--I would have been there in a heartbeat! My response to your question? I'm having a lot of fun in my life now, and I love where I am, but I don't feel like I have it ALL figured out yet. But that's part of what's exciting about it--the figuring out itself. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...