12.09.2010

Christmas Shopping Done!!!

I finally have all my Christmas Shopping done!!!!! Now all I need to do is finish making some gifts and I'll be good to go. Ryan and I have decided to have our little family Christmas before we head up to Vermont. It's going to be so much fun. Zoie and I have had a lot of fun shopping for Ryan. Its been fun to wrap presents while Ryan is at school and to have him come home and notice the presents under the tree. Ryan is such a little kid, he gets all sorts of excitedness ( don't even think thats a word, but it is now:).

A family tradition that we have started this year, because we now have a child, is getting an ornament that somewhat describes our childs life this past year. On Christmas Eve, they will open that gift up and hang it on the tree. We wanted to do this, so when our children grow up and get married they can take their ornaments with them to remember their childhood days. It'll be fun. So for Zoie we got her "My First Christmas" and we will stick a picture of her in the ornament "opening up" gifts Christmas Day.

Side note -- This is Ryan's last week of classes before finals. I can't believe the semester is over. I am super excited because Ryan will be able to have plenty of daddy - daughter time with Zoie. He hasn't gotten much with being busy with school, homework, work, meetings, etc. Ryan will love it because she is starting to be more alert and active. Overall, I am excited because we get to spend some quality time as a family.

1 comment:

  1. :) love the family tradition idea. I still have no clue what we're gonna do Christmas Eve except read from Luke 2. I may try out that tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...