8.31.2012

Life of a Coach's Child

If you didn't already know, I am the Head Volleyball Coach for the High School in our town. This is my second year and I am loving it. I love volleyball and have played competitively for a long time. I'm not ready to give up that part of my life yet. So my next option was to coach. It's been a great, challenging, frustrating, annoying experience. I've learned a lot about myself, the sport, and about kids and their parents.

Zoie and Charlotte are such good kids. They have to come to practice with me every other day and live without me in the evenings all the other days. They do really well. Zoie will watch a show on the computer at the school, write on the dry erase board, run with the girls when they run, helps pick up the volleyballs, and takes care of Charlotte while I coach during practice. Charlotte either sleeps, needs to eat, sits in the ball cart (and hands mommy volleyballs :) lol) or hangs out with the JV coach.

 I don't have to worry too much about them. Although every now and then I need to run and grab Zoie of the court while they are playing (although lately I've been leaving her on and if she gets hit, oh well...hopefully she'll understand and learn her lesson).

Zoie loves coming to practice and gets excited when she wakes up from her nap, cause she knows she gets to go "play" volleyball. Today I had her on the court playing with us and she loved it. She would come stand next to me in ready position to pass the ball, then she'd come up to the net and she'd have her hands up and legs bent ready to jump. The girls even taught her how to hold her hands to pass the ball. (I'll be sure to get pictures of her in all her positions). I love her and hope she continues to love this sport. She is so cute.

Here are couple pictures that I took at practice the other day with my phone. This is how they spend most of their time during practice. Sorry for the picture of Zoie and Charlotte being blurry, Zoie didn't want to stand still and was in a hurry to pick them all up.

My best ball shagger!! (starting them young... dad)
 
Falling asleep in the ball cart
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...