4.06.2013

Coffee Table Make-Over

A while back Ryan helped someone in town clean out their house. As he was helping, the lady was going to get rid of this coffee table and Ryan asked if he could take it back home for his wife (hey that's me :)). She said yes.

When he came home he told me he had a surprise for me. He brought the table up and said, got this for you thought you could make use of it, since you're being all crafty and creative. I was so excited and happy that he thought of me.

With that being said, I put my mind and computer to work to figure something out to do with this. I knew I wanted it in the living room, but I didn't want it just to be stained with nothing on it. Then I saw a table from Sawdust and Embryos and got an idea and then went to work.

I sanded the table down, got my friend to do a vinyl print of a dandelion with dandelion's flying away, then placed the vinyl on the table, stained the table, took the vinyl off and lastly poly it up. I love it and it adds a little more character to our living room.

Sanding down

Sanding down

Top sanded

Finished project

Dandelions.....

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...