2.06.2013

14 Days of Valentines

I wanted to do something more for Valentine's Day this year. I don't want my children to think it's all about romance, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc. There is more to it than that. With that in mind I combined two ideas that I found on a friends blog and another one I read.

Thanks to The Ink & Anchor and A Few of My Favorite Things I came up with this!


I asked my loving husband to cut out some red and pink hearts. I printed off the scriptures and such, glued them to the hearts. Then I "laminated" them the old school way with packaging tape, hole punched a hole at the top and hung it with some pink ribbon. 


Every Morning at Breakfast, before Daddy leaves for work, we find the date for the day. 



Then we look up the scripture and read it together. Underneath the scripture on the heart is a challenge/application of the scripture that we are to do that day. 


This one is John 15:12

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

The challenge/application is "Think about how Jesus would act. Say only kind words today."

This has been a great way to express love to each other and others we meet. It also has been a great way to incorporate Christ in to our lives daily. There is no better way than to start the day off with a good breakfast and reading the words of the Lord. 

I have noticed a change in our attitudes and expressions. I truly believe that when we do all things in Christ we are happier and doing more to be better and do better!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this idea. I decided to write them on heart shaped sticky notes and stick them on the door so we could grab one on our way out. Not having breakfast together, or even seeing each other in the morning makes it hard to read together but this way we are still both reading the same and working on the same principle each day. Thanks for sharing a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I wish I knew about it before Valentine's Day but I really want to do it next year, (not that it's something you can ONLY do for Valentines Day!) I also loved Marjs application, great for a busy couple!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...